Wednesday 12 January 2011

Photography For Contents page

Here are a few images I took for the contents page of my magazine. Again I ensured the set, was suitable and looked professional in the image for a magazine, therefore used a plain, light colours wooden background for the rough and ready Indie-Pop look and to emphasis the model. I also chose the Models Clothes and styled the Hair to fit into the style of Indie-Pop and to represent the most common trend within that style most recently. The poses and facial expressions of the model were also added to create drama within the photography. Also as this is on the contents page this image would not be an famous artist for the Target audience however one of the models features within the magazine to show the latest trends and styles, which influence the reader. It is also clear from the images I already had a view of how i wanted the image to be in my head for the Contents page so, I used slight changes and developments within each image being took.




Below shows the Image I chose for my Contents page. I was definite and confident  with this image and didn't need to consider any others. This is because i feel it was the most dramatic Image, with a statement straight on pose, with the perfect facial expression for which i wanted the model to portray. Also how it is a Medium Long shot i feel is very suitable for the Contents page.
The chosen image above was also Photoshoped, using the Hue/Saturation tool, (as shown within my photography development page), to create a strong Indie-Pop look and to add to the house style I wanted to portray also giving a professional photographic look.

 
  However the image was originally larger and had to be cropped to how I wanted. I wanted a specific medium long shot, however felt this was the best image so used Photoshop to crop the image to what I wanted and again add the Hue/Saturation edit tool, to add to the House style. Above shows the image being editted in Photoshop and Below shows the Original Image (before copping).

After creating the title 'Contents' for my contents page using www.dafont.com, and using publisher to create text boxes for the sub-titles within the contents, I inserted the image into this to ensure it was suitable and what I wanted to use.
I am very happy with this and will therefore move on the including text into the page, and add iconic codes and conventions also.

No comments:

Post a Comment